Ubiquiti AirMAX 3GHz Sectors
2x2 MIMO BaseStation Sector Antenna
Sorry, this product is no longer available, please contact us for a replacement.
Disruptive 2X2 MIMO price/performance Basestation antennas. Designed to seamlessly integrated with Ubiquiti airMAX Rocket hardware for powerful basestation applications. Featuring great cross-pol isolation, gain, beamwidth patterns, and adjacent frequency noise attenuation performance.
The airMAX Sector Antenna is a Carrier Class 2x2 Dual Polarity MIMO Sector Antenna that was designed to seamlessly integrate with RocketM radios (RocketM sold separately).
Pair the RocketM's radio with the airMAX Sector Antenna's reach to create a powerful basestation. This versatile combination gives network architects unparalleled flexibility and convenience.
On the right is one example of how the airMAX Sector Antenna can be deployed:
PtMP (Point to Multi-Point) Link Example
World Class Antenna Designs
Patent-pending next-generation technology achieves gain, cross-pol isolation, and beamshaping characteristics rivaling the highest quality cellular carrier basestation antennas in the world. Instantly pair with Rocket M2 to create a powerful AirMax 2x2 MIMO PtMP BaseStation. Rocket mount and weatherproof RF jumpers included.
Rocket M Seamlessly Integrates with AirMax BaseStation Sectors
Rocket M and AirMax BaseStation/Rocket Antennas have been designed to seamlessly work together. Installing Rocket M on AirMax BaseStation Antennas requires no special tools, you simply snap it into place with the mount provided with the Antennas.
Utilize airMAX Technology*
Unlike the standard WiFi protocol, Ubiquiti's Time Division Multiple Access (TDMA) airMAX protocol allows each client to send and receive data using pre-designated time slots scheduled by an intelligent AP controller.
This "time slot" method eliminates hidden node collisions and maximizes air time efficiency. It provides many magnitudes of performance improvements in latency, throughput, and scalability compared to all other outdoor systems in its class.
- Intelligent QoS - Priority is given to voice/video seamless streaming.
- Scalability - High capacity and scalability.
- Long Distance - Capable of high-speed, carrier-class links.
Up to 100 airMAX stations can be connected to an airMAX Sector; four airMAX
stations are shown to illustrate the general concept
*When Sectors is paired with Rocket M
Highly resistant to noise interference, the airMAX Sector Antennas provide superior gain and beam performance for high-capacity, multipoint networks.
Plug and Play Integration
The versatile airMAX Titanium Sector models feature advanced RF isolation and adjustable beamwidth options: 60°, 90° or 120°.
airMAX Antennas are designed with robust mechanical design for outdoor application use.
Plug and Play Integration
Every airMAX Antenna has a built-in Rocket™ mount, so no tools are needed to install the Rocket BaseStation.
AirMax Sector 3G-120-18
(Hi-gain 18dBi, 120deg)
With Rocket M radios (Rocket M sold separately)
|AirMAX Sector 3G-120-18 Specification|
|Antenna and Electrical Characteristics|
|Frequency Range||3.3 - 3.8 GHz|
|Gain||17.3 - 18.2 dBi|
|Hpol Beamwidth (6dB)||118 deg.|
|Vpol Beamwidth (6dB)||121 deg.|
|Elevation Beamwidth||6 deg.|
|Electrical Downtilt||3 deg.|
|Wind Loading||160 mph|
|Cross-pol Isolation||28dB min.|
|ETSI Specification||EN 302 326 DN2|
|Mounting||Mating bracket and weatherproof RF jumpers included|
|AirMAX Sector 3G-120-18|
Software to Easily Manage Devices and Reach Customers
AirOS is an intuitive, versatile, highly developed Ubiquiti firmware technology that resides on Ubiquiti Station products. It is exceptionally intuitive and was designed to require no training to operate. Behind the user interface is a powerful firmware architecture which enables hi-performance outdoor multipoint networking.
airOS Version 7
Sporting an all-new design for improved usability, airOS v7 is the revolutionary operating system for Ubiquiti airMAX ac products.
Powerful Wireless Features
- airMAX ac Protocol Support
- Long-Range Point-to-Point (PtP) Link Mode
- Selectable Channel Width
- PtP: 10/20/30/40/50/60/80 MHz
- PtMP: 10/20/30/40 MHz
- Automatic Channel Selection
- Transmit Power Control: Automatic/Manual
- Automatic Distance Selection (ACK Timing)
- Strongest WPA2 Security
- Dynamic Configuration Changes
- Instant Input Validation
- HTML5 Technology
- Optimization for Mobile Devices
- Detailed Device Statistics
- Comprehensive Array of Diagnostic Tools, including Ethernet Cabling Test, RF Diagnostics, and airView Spectrum Analyzer
Advanced RF Analytics
airMAX ac devices feature a multi-radio architecture to power a revolutionary RF analytics engine.
An independent processor on the PCBA powers a second, dedicated radio, which persistently analyzes the full 5 GHz spectrum and every received symbol to provide you with the most advanced RF analytics in the industry.
Data from the spectrum analysis and RF performance monitoring is displayed on the Main tab and airView Spectrum Analyzer of airOS V7.
The Main tab displays the following RF information:
- Persistent RF Error Vector Magnitude (EVM) constellation diagrams
- Carrier to Interference-plus-Noise Ratio (CINR) histograms
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio (SNR) time series plots
Persistent RF EVM Constellation Diagrams, CINR Histograms, and SNR Time Series
airMAX ac devices have an additional dedicated radio persistently analyzing the full 5 GHz spectrum and every received symbol to provide operators with the most advanced RF analytics in the industry.
Constellation Diagrams and CINR Histograms
SNR Time Series Plots
airOS Integrated Technologies
airMAX – Provides superior wireless performance, more clients per Access Point (AP), and lower latency. Unlike standard WiFi protocol, Ubiquiti's Time Division Multiple Access (TDMA) airMAX protocol allows each client to send & receive data using pre-designated time slots scheduled by an intelligent AP controller.
This "time slot" method eliminates hidden node collisions & maximizes air time efficiency. It provides many magnitudes of performance improvements in latency, throughput, & scalability.
- Access Point
Wireless Network Configuration
- airMAX Mode
- airSelect Mode
- Long Range PtP Link Mode
- Mixed IEEE 802.11 Mode (A/N or B/G/N)
- WDS (Transparent Bridge Mode)
- Selectable Channel Width: 2/3/5/8/10/20/25/30/40 MHz
- Auto Channel Selection
- Channel Shifting
- Transmit Power Control: Automatic/Manual
- Automatic Distance Selection (ACK Timing)
- SSID Broadcast Disabling
- Wireless Access Control List
- Wireless Security: WEP/WPA/WPA2
- Wireless Client Isolation
- Adjustable Aggregation Frames/Bytes
- Administrator/Read-Only Access
- Location: Latitude and Longitude
- Signal LED Indication Level Management
- WEB/SSH/Telnet Access
- Block Management Access
- Dynamic DNS
- NTP Client
- Ping Watchdog
- SNMP v1 Support
- System Log: Local/Remote
- Full Statistical Performance Reporting
- Transparent Layer 2 Bridge
- SOHO Router
- Automatic check for airOS Updates
- Configuration Test Mode
- Firmware Recovery via TFTP
- Reset to Factory Defaults
- Configuration Management: Backup/Restore
- Simple/Advanced Configuration Mode
- Multiple VLANs Support
- Multiple Bridge Support
- DHCP Server/Client/Relay
- DNS Proxy
- Adjustable MTU
- PPPoE Client
- IP Aliasing: Auto/Static
- Fallback IP Support: DHCP/PPPoE
- MAC Address Cloning
- Port Forwarding (NAPT)
- Masquerading (NAT)
- Static Routing
- Multicast Routing
- Firewall: Layer 2/IPv4/IP-P2P
- Traffic Shaping: Ingress/Egress
Spectrum Analyzer by Ubiquiti Networks
signatures and plan your networks to minimize noise interference. airView performs the following functions:
- Constantly monitors environmental noise
- Collects energy data points in real-time spectral views
- Helps optimize channel selection, network design, and wireless performance
airView runs in the background without disabling the wireless link, so there is no disruption to the network.
In airView, there are three spectral views, each of which represents different data.
- Waterfall Aggregate energy collected for each frequency
- Waveform Aggregate energy collected
- Ambient Noise Level Background noise energy shown as a function of frequency
Available with a firmware upgrade to airOS v7.1, airView provides powerful spectrum analyzer functionality, eliminating the need to rent or purchase additional equipment for conducting site surveys.
This time-based graph shows the aggregate energy collected since the start of an AirView session, over time for each frequency. The power of the energy in dBm is shown across the frequency span and one row is inserted in this graph every few seconds.
It is important to note that the color of the energy designates its amplitude. The darker colors (Blues and darker shades) mean very low to low energy levels at that frequency bin, whereas increasingly brighter colors (ie: Green, Yellow, Orange, and finally Red) designate increasingly higher energy levels at the specific frequency bin.
The Waterfall View's legend (top-right corner) provides a numerical guide associating the various colors to power levels (dBm). The low end of that legend (left) is always adjusted with the calculated noise floor, and the high end (right) is set to the highest detected power level since the start of the session.
Channel Usage Chart
This graph is ideal for determining the best channel to setup a WiFi network for optimal performance. In the graph, each 2.4GHz WiFi channel is represented by a bar displaying a percentage representing the relative "crowdedness" of that specific channel.This percentage is calculated by analyzing both the popularity and the strength of RF energy in that channel since the start of a AirView session. An installer could use this view to optimize a network installation by avoiding highly used channels and setting up new AP's on channels showing the least usage.
This graph shows the aggregate energy collected since the start of an AirView Session. The power of the energy in dBm is shown across the frequency span. A Blue color will mean energy at a particular strength and frequency appears in the air with a relatively low occurence, whereas increasingly brighter colors (ie: Green, Yellow, Orange, and finally Red) designate energy appearing at a specific power/frequency with higher occurrence. The spectral view over time will essentially display the steady-state RF energy signature of a given environment. An installer could use this view to optimize a network installation by avoiding highly used channels and setting up new AP's on channels showing the least usage.
This graph displays a traditional Spectrum Analyzer in which energy (in dBm) is shown real-time as a function of frequency. There are three traces in this view: Max Hold, this trace will update and hold maximum power levels across the frequency since the start of an AirView session. Average, this trace shows the running average energy across frequency. Real-time, this trace shows the real-time energy seen by the AirView device as a function of frequency.
Centrally Manage 1000s of Ubiquiti Devices
AirControl is a powerful and intuitive web based server network management application which allows operators to centrally manage entire networks of Ubiqutii devices.
- Network Map - View access points and stations on a Google Road, Terrain, or Satellite Picture Map to aid in installation planning. Export to KML.
- Monitor Device Status - View status, information, and statistics of devices managed by AirControl on customizable and easy-to-read graphs.
- Mass Firmware Upgrade - Upgrade individual devices or groups of devices with synchronization for wireless association dependency.
- Web UI Access - Access the AirControl user interface through a web browser (HTTP or HTTPS); no installation is required on the client.
- Manage Groups of Devices - User-defined, dynamic, and auto device groups provide easy navigation and device management.
- Task Scheduling - Schedule tasks such as firmware update, reboot, IP range scan, device configuration backups, ping watchdog and custom commands execution.
Powerfully scale your business with airCRM, a suite of WISP applications that help you manage your business. To sign up for the public beta, visit: aircrm.ubnt.com
Provision, monitor, and manage all devices from a central interface. Enjoy quicker deployments, healthier networks, and faster customer service response times.
Use airCRM Control to perform the following tasks:
- Upgrade firmware
- Manage passwords
- Monitor and analyze network traffic
- Manage devices
A streamlined billing and customer management solution delivers automated invoicing, payment reminders, and credit card processing with Authorize.Net.
Use airCRM Billing to perform the following tasks:
- Create invoices
- Manage accounts
- Enable a customer portal
- Generate detailed reports
Protect your networks from the most brutal environments with Ubiquiti's industrialgrade shielded ethernet cable, TOUGHCable.
- Increase Performance - Dramatically improve your ethernet link states, speeds, and overall performance with Ubiquiti TOUGHCables.
- Extreme Weatherproof - TOUGHCables have been built to perform even in the harshest weather and environments.
- ESD Damage Protection - Protect your networks from devastating electrostatic discharge (ESD) attacks.
- Extended Cable Support - TOUGHCables have been developed to have increased power handling performance for extended cable run lengths.
Bulletproof your networks
TOUGHCable is currently available in two versions: PRO Shielding Protection and CARRIER Shielding Protection.
TOUGHCable PRO is a Category 5e, outdoor, carrier-class shielded cable with an integrated ESD drain wire.
TOUGHCable CARRIER is a Category 6, outdoor, carrier-class shielded cable that features an integrated ESD drain wire, anti-crosstalk divider, and secondary shielding. It is rated to provide optimal performance on Gigabit Ethernet networks.
- 24 AWG copper conductor pairs
- 26 AWG integrated ESD drain wire to prevent ESD attacks and damage
- PE outdoor-rated, weatherproof jacket
- Multi-layered shielding
- Available in lengths of 1000 ft (304.8 m)
Specifically designed for use with Ubiquiti TOUGHCable, TOUGHCable Connectors protect against ESD attacks and Ethernet hardware damage, while allowing rapid field deployment without soldering. The standard TOUGHCable Connectors are available in a box of 100, while the TC-GND versions include ground wires and are available in a box of 20.
|ESD attacks are the leading cause for device failures. The diagram below illustrates the areas vulnerable to ESD attacks in a network.||By using a grounded Ubiquiti Power over Ethernet (PoE) Adapter along with Ubiquiti TOUGHCable and TOUGHCable Connectors, you can effectively protect against ESD attacks.|
Download the Ubiquiti AirMAX Sector Antennas Datasheet (PDF).
- Pricing and product availability subject to change without notice.
Our Price: $135.00
Get a Quote!
Our Price: $55.00