Optical Data Transport for Outdoor POE Devices
Our Price: $29.00
Overcome PoE limitations with the FiberPoE. The FiberPoE is a low-cost solution for outdoor deployments that require long-distance runs to reach the PoE device. Deployments with the FiberPoE also provide significant EMI and ESD protection over typical PoE installations.
Separate Data and Power Transport
PoE is ideal for indoor or short-run installations. However, for outdoor, long-distance installations, PoE becomes vulnerable to EMI and is limited to 100 meters with correlated power loss. With the FiberPoE, data and power are transported on separate cables to greatly improve data integrity and enable much longer cable runs.
The FiberPoE provides Gigabit bi-directional data transport between twisted-pair Ethernet cable and fiber optic cable, and injects DC power to the Ethernet cable for passive PoE. Use one FiberPoE device as an Fiber‑to‑Ethernet Converter, or a pair of FiberPoE devices to create a Fiber Bridge.
Fiber Optic Data Transport
Using fiber optic cable for data transport significantly reduces electrostatic discharge (ESD) failures and electromagnetic interference (EMI). Data integrity is also sustained in runs beyond 100 meters, the limit of Ethernet over twisted-pair cable. The FiberPoE supports a 1G SFP module and 24V or 50V power from a DC power cable or PoE cable.
Integrated Fiber Cable Strain Relief
An integrated strain relief system was thoughtfully designed to fit inside the FiberPoE cover for added protection and a cleaner installation.
The FiberPoE provides fiber connectivity to any PoE device.
Designed for Outdoor Durability
The FiberPoE features an outdoor weatherproof form factor with integrated strain relief management.
The FiberPoE allows separate power from standard Ethernet cables or standard terminal block / power cable support. There are three ways to configure the input and output power:
Open Angle View
The following are typical use cases for the FiberPoE.
1. Fiber-to-Ethernet Converter One FiberPoE at the top of the tower is used to convert fiber to Ethernet at the radio. At the base of the tower, the fiber optic cable connects directly to a fiber switch or router.
2. Fiber Bridge Two FiberPoE devices, one at the base and one at the top of the tower, are used to provide a fiber optic data link for protection from EMI events that can cause equipment damage or signal integrity issues.
|Dimensions||196.4 x 93.5 x 32.4 mm ( 7.73 x 3.68 x 1.28")|
|Weight||288 g (10.2 oz)|
|Interface Connections||(1) 1 Gbps SFP Port
(1) DC Terminal Block
(1) DC RJ45 Port DC Injection
(1) 1000 Mbps Ethernet PoE Port
|Typical Power Consumption||1.5W|
|PoE Output||PoE RJ45 Port, 2-Pair (4, 5+; 7, 8-) (24VDC), or 4-Pair (24VDC or 50VDC) PoE|
|DC Output||Terminal Block, 2-Wire (24VDC or 50VDC)|
|Input DC Voltage||16 to 57V|
|LED||White: Power On
Blue (Flashing): Activity
|Operating Temperature||-30 to 60° C (-22 to 140° F)|
|Operating Humidity||10 to 95% Noncondensing|
|ESD/EMP Protection||± 24KV Contact / Air for Ethernet|
|Certifications||CE, FCC, IC|
The FiberPoE provides passive PoE power to the PoE device. Options for providing power to the FiberPoE include:
- DC Power Connect a 24VDC or 50VDC power cable to the Terminal Block.
- PoE (Power Only) Connect an Ethernet cable with 24V or 50V (4-pair) PoE to the DC In RJ45 port.
- PoE (Power and Data) Connect an Ethernet cable with 24V or 50V (4-pair) PoE to the PoE RJ45 port.
|Power Input Port||Input Power||Output Power|
|2-wire DC, 24V||PoE port, 2-pair (4, 5+; 7, 8-), 24V|
|2-wire DC, 50V||PoE port, 4-pair, 50V|
|2-pair (4, 5+; 7, 8-), 24V||Terminal Block, 24V PoE port, 24V, 2-pair (4, 5+; 7, 8-)|
|4-pair, 24V||Terminal Block, 24V PoE port, 24V, 4-pair|
|4-pair, 50||Terminal Block, 50V PoE port, 50V, 4-pair|
(Power and Data)
|2-pair (4, 5+; 7, 8-), 24V T||Terminal Block, 24V|
|4-pair, 24V||Terminal Block, 24V|
|4-pair, 50V||Terminal Block, 50V|
On the tower, the F-POE can provide PoE power to the radio. Options for providing power to the F-POE include:
- DC Power Connect a DC power cable to the F-POE DC terminal block.
- PoE Power Connect a PoE adapter (power only) to the F-POE RJ45 port.
Power Input/Output Examples:
Protect your networks from the most brutal environments with Ubiquiti's industrialgrade shielded ethernet cable, TOUGHCable.
- Increase Performance - Dramatically improve your ethernet link states, speeds, and overall performance with Ubiquiti TOUGHCables.
- Extreme Weatherproof - TOUGHCables have been built to perform even in the harshest weather and environments.
- ESD Damage Protection - Protect your networks from devastating electrostatic discharge (ESD) attacks.
- Extended Cable Support - TOUGHCables have been developed to have increased power handling performance for extended cable run lengths.
Bulletproof your networks
TOUGHCable is currently available in two versions: PRO Shielding Protection and CARRIER Shielding Protection.
TOUGHCable PRO is a Category 5e, outdoor, carrier-class shielded cable with an integrated ESD drain wire.
TOUGHCable CARRIER is a Category 6, outdoor, carrier-class shielded cable that features an integrated ESD drain wire, anti-crosstalk divider, and secondary shielding. It is rated to provide optimal performance on Gigabit Ethernet networks.
- 24 AWG copper conductor pairs
- 26 AWG integrated ESD drain wire to prevent ESD attacks and damage
- PE outdoor-rated, weatherproof jacket
- Multi-layered shielding
- Available in lengths of 1000 ft (304.8 m)
Specifically designed for use with Ubiquiti TOUGHCables and available in 100 pc. bags, TOUGHCable Connectors protect against ESD attacks and Ethernet hardware damage while allowing rapid field deployment without soldering.
|ESD attacks are the leading cause for device failures. The diagram below illustrates the areas vulnerable to ESD attacks in a network.||By using a grounded Ubiquiti Power over Ethernet (PoE) Adapter along with Ubiquiti TOUGHCable and TOUGHCable Connectors, you can effectively protect against ESD attacks.|
Download the Ubiquiti FiberPoE Datasheet (PDF).
- Pricing and product availability subject to change without notice.
Our Price: $29.00
Our Price: $135.00
Get a Quote!
Our Price: $55.00