Ubiquiti EdgeSwitch 12 Fiber
12-Port Managed Gigabit Fiber Switch
Get a Quote!
Advanced Routing Technology for the Masses
Build and expand your network with Ubiquiti Networks EdgeSwitch Fiber, part of the EdgeMAX line of products. The EdgeSwitch Fiber is a fully managed, Gigabit fiber switch, delivering robust performance and intelligent switching for high-bandwidth networks.
The EdgeSwitch Fiber offers an extensive suite of advanced Layer-2 switching features and protocols, and also provides Layer-3 routing capability.
EdgeSwitch 12 Fiber
- (12) Gigabit SFP Ports
- (4) Gigabit RJ45 Ports
- (1) Serial Console Port
- Non-Blocking Throughput: 16 Gbps
- Switching Capacity: 32 Gbps
- Forwarding Rate: 23.81 Mpps
- Maximum AC Power Consumption: 56W
- Rackmountable with Rack-Mount Brackets (Included)
- DC Input Option (Redundant or Stand-Alone)
The EdgeSwitch Fiber offers the forwarding capacity to simultaneously process traffic on all ports at line rate without any packet loss. For its total, non-blocking throughput, the EdgeSwitch Fiber supports up to 16 Gbps.
The EdgeSwitch Fiber offers high performance and low latency as an aggregation switch. For fiber connectivity, it features 12 SFP ports, eight of which also support 100 Mbps. For copper connectivity, the EdgeSwitch Fiber offers four Gigabit RJ45 ports.
For fiber connectivity, the EdgeSwitch Fiber features 12 SFP ports, eight of which also support 100 Mbps. For copper connectivity, the EdgeSwitch Fiber offers four Gigabit RJ45 ports.
Powerful Switching Performance
The EdgeSwitch Fiber offers the forwarding capacity to simultaneously process traffic on all ports at line rate without any packet loss. For its total, non‑blocking throughput, the EdgeSwitch Fiber supports up to 16 Gbps.
Advanced Enterprise Switching
The EdgeSwitch Fiber uses a sophisticated operating system that provides advanced switching features, including VLAN tagging and link aggregation, and limited layer-3 features, including static routing and DHCP server functionality.
Multiple EdgeSwitches connect to the EdgeSwitch Fiber, which has an SFP uplink to the Ubiquiti EdgeRouter Pro.
The EdgeSwitch Fiber connects multiple Ubiquiti EdgeRouter X SFP devices.
Ports/LED Zoom-In View
Front Panel View
|EdgeSwitch 12 Fiber Specification|
|Dimensions||443 x 221 x 43 mm (17.44 x 8.70 x 1.69")|
|Weight||Rack-Mount Brackets Included: 2.68 kg (5.91 lb)
Rack-Mount Brackets Excluded: 2.59 kg (5.71 lb)
|Enclosure Characteristics||SGCC Steel|
|Total Non-Blocking Throughput||16 Gbps|
|Switching Capacity||32 Gbps|
|Forwarding Rate||23.81 Mpps|
|Max. Power Consumption||56W|
|Power Method||AC: 100-240VAC/50-60 Hz, Universal Input
DC: DC 56W, 25 to 16V, with 2.5 mm DC Power Inline Connector
|Supported Voltage Range||AC: 100 to 240VAC
DC: 25 to 16VDC
|Power Supply||AC/DC, Internal, 56W DC|
|LEDs Per Port||Speed/Link/Activity|
|Networking Interfaces||(8) 100/1000 Mbps SFP Ethernet Ports
(4) 1000 Mbps SFP Ethernet Ports
(4) 10/100/1000 Mbps RJ45 Ethernet Ports
|Management Interface||(1) RJ45 Serial Port, Ethernet In/Out Band|
|Certifications||CE, FCC, IC|
|Rackmount||Yes, 1U High|
|ESD/EMP Protection||Air: ±24 kV, Contact: ±24 kV|
|Operating Temperature||-5 to 40° C (23 to 104° F)|
|Operating Humidity||5 to 95% Noncondensing|
|Shock and Vibration||ETSI300-019-1.4 Standard|
Core Switching Features
- ANSI/TIA-1057: LLDP-Media Endpoint Discovery (MED)
- IEEE 802.1AB: Link Layer Discovery Protocol (LLDP)
- IEEE 802.1D: Spanning Tree Compatibility
- IEEE 802.1S: Multiple Spanning Tree Compatibility
- IEEE 802.1W: Rapid Spanning Tree Compatibility
- IEEE 802.1Q: Virtual LANs with Port-Based VLANs
- IEEE 802.1p: Ethernet Priority with User Provisioning and Mapping
- IEEE 802.1X: Port-Based Authentication with Guest VLAN Support
- IEEE 802.3: 10BASE-T
- IEEE 802.3u: 100BASE-T
- IEEE 802.3ab: 1000BASE-T
- IEEE 802.1ak: Virtual Bridged Local Area Networks - Amendment 07: Multiple Registration Protocol
- IEEE 802.3ac: VLAN Tagging
- IEEE 802.3ad: Link Aggregation
- IEEE 802.3x: Flow Control
- IEEE 802.1D-2004: Generic Attribute Registration Protocol: Clause 12 (GARP)
- IEEE 802.1D-2004: Dynamic L2 multicast registration: Clause 10 (GMRP)
- IEEE 802.1Q-2003: Dynamic VLAN registration: Clause 11.2 (GVRP)
- RFC 4541: Considerations for Internet Group Management Protocol (IGMP) Snooping Switches
- RFC 5171: Unidirectional Link Detection (UDLD) Protocol
Advanced Layer 2 Features
- Broadcast Storm Recovery
- Broadcast/Multicast/Unknown Unicast Storm Recovery
- DHCP Snooping
- IGMP Snooping Querier
- Independent VLAN Learning (IVL) Support
- Jumbo Ethernet Frame Support
- Port MAC Locking
- Port Mirroring
- Protected Ports
- Static MAC Filtering
- Voice VLANs
- Unauthenticated VLAN
- Internal 802.1X Authentication Server
- DHCP Server
- Maximum Number of Pools: 8
- Maximum Number of Leases (Total): 128
- Number of Routes: 16
- Number of Routing Interfaces: 15
- VLANs: 255
- MAC Addresses: 8k
- MSTP Instances: 4
- LAGs: 6
- ACLs: 100 with 10 Rules per Port
- Traffic Classes (Queues): 8
- Web UI
- Industry-Standard CLI
- IPv6 Management
- Password Management
- Autoinstall Support for Firmware Images and Configuration Files
- SNMP v1, v2, and v3
- SSH 1.5 and 2.0
- SSL 3.0 and TLS 1.0
- Secure Copy (SCP)
- Telnet (Multi-Session Support)
- Event and Error Logging Facility
- Run-Time and Configuration Download Capability
- PING Utility
- FTP/TFTP Transfers via IPv4/IPv6
- Malicious Code Detection
- BootP and DHCP
- RFC 2021: Remote Network Monitoring Management Information Base Version 2
- RFC 2030: Simple Network Time Protocol (SNTP)
- RFC 2819: Remote Network Monitoring Management Information Base
- RFC 2865: RADIUS Client
- RFC 2866: RADIUS Accounting
- RFC 2868: RADIUS Attributes for Tunnel Protocol Support
- RFC 2869: RADIUS Extensions
- RFC 3579: RADIUS Support for EAP
- RFC 3580: IEEE 802.1X RADIUS Usage Guidelines
- RFC 3164: BSD Syslog Protocol
Layer 3 Routing
- Static Routing
- Policy Based Routing
- Access Control Lists (ACLs), Permit/Deny Actions for Inbound IP and Layer 2 Traffic Classification Based on:
- Time-Based ACL
- Source/Destination IP Address
- TCP/UDP Source/Destination Port
- IP Protocol Type
- Type of Service (ToS) or Differentiated Services (DSCP) Field
- Source/Destination MAC Address
- IEEE 802.1p User Priority
- VLAN ID
- RFC 1858: Security Considerations for IP Fragment Filtering
- Optional ACL Rule Attributes
- Assign Flow to a Specific Class of Service (CoS) Queue
- Redirect Matching Traffic Flows
- Differentiated Services (DiffServ)
- Classify Traffic Based on Same Criteria as ACLs
- Mark the IP DSCP or Precedence Header Fields, Optional
- Police the Flow to a Specific Rate with Two-Color Aware Support
- RFC 2474: Definition of the Differentiated Services Field (DS field) in the IPv4 and IPv6 Headers
- RFC 2475: An Architecture for Differentiated Services
- RFC 2597: Assured Forwarding Per-Hop Behavior (PHB) Group
- RFC 3246: An Expedited Forwarding PHB
- RFC 3260: New Terminology and Clarifications for DiffServ
- Class of Service (CoS) Queue Mapping Configuration
- AutoVoIP: Automatic CoS Settings for VoIP
- IP DSCP-to-Queue Mapping
- Configurable Interface Trust Mode (IEEE 802.1p, DSCP, or Untrusted)
- Interface Egress Shaping Rate
- Strict Priority versus Weighted Scheduling per Queue
EdgeMAX Software Platform
EdgeOS provides an intuitive, easy-to-use graphical user interface that makes router features simple to configure and monitor. It even comes with an integrated command-line interface (CLI) right in the browser, allowing access to all the advanced functions of the router.
Packed with Features
- IPv4/v6 addressing, DHCP client and server, VLANs Static routes, OSPF, RIP, BGP
- Firewall (ACL-based and zone-based), NAT, QoS
- VPN: IPsec, L2TP, OpenVPN, PPTP client and server
- PPPoE client and server, bridging, bonding, GRE, VRRP
- Dynamic DNS, DNS forwarding, DHCP relay
Intuitive and Powerful Graphical User Interface
The Web-based graphical user interface in the EdgeOS is developed using the latest advanced Web technologies and provides powerful functionality with high efficiency. You can reorder firewall rules using drag-and-drop, monitor interface statistics in real time, and even open a command-line interface (CLI) right in the browser.
Broad Feature Set
The EdgeOS software includes all common routing features and more. You can create VLAN, bridging, bonding, and tunnel interfaces, use OSPF, RIP, and BGP routing protocols, apply ACL-based or zone-based firewall for security, and choose from IPsec, OpenVPN, L2TP, or PPTP for your VPN needs. All features are managed with a single unified configuration that can be accessed from both the Web GUI and the CLI.
The EdgeOS platform is not just a router operating system. It is also an open platform based on theDebian Linux distribution. You have complete system-level access including the whole filesystem hierarchy, real shell, root user, etc. Existing Debian packages can be installed on the system, and you can even build your own packages using standard tools.
Debian is a registered trademark of Software in the Public Interest, Inc.
EdgeOS is a sophisticated operating system loaded with robust features, including:
- Static routes and support of routing protocols: OSPF, RIP, and BGP
- Firewall policies and NAT rules
- DHCP services
- Quality of Service (QoS)
- Network administration and monitoring tools
- Comprehensive IPv6 support
- Choice of configuration methods: the graphical user interface to visualize the workings of your network or the Command Line Interface (CLI) to use advanced, command-driven configuration
Configuration by CLI
The CLI provides quick and flexible configuration by command line and features the following:
- For power users, configuration and monitoring of all advanced features
- Direct access to standard Linux tools and shell commands
- CLI access through the serial console port, SSH, Telnet, and the graphical user interface
IP in IP
|Addressing||Static IPv4/IPv6 Addressing
BGP (with IPv6 Support)
Application Identification with Deep Packet Inspection (DPI)
|VPN||IPSec Site-to-Site and Remote Access
OpenVPN Site-to-Site and Remote Access
PPTP Remote Access
L2TP Remote Access
Stochastic Fairness Queueing
Random Early Detection
Token Bucket Filter
Deficit Round Robin
Hierarchical Token Bucket
CLI (Console, SSH, Telnet)
UBNT Discovery Protocol
Protect your networks from the most brutal environments with Ubiquiti's industrialgrade shielded ethernet cable, TOUGHCable.
- Increase Performance - Dramatically improve your ethernet link states, speeds, and overall performance with Ubiquiti TOUGHCables.
- Extreme Weatherproof - TOUGHCables have been built to perform even in the harshest weather and environments.
- ESD Damage Protection - Protect your networks from devastating electrostatic discharge (ESD) attacks.
- Extended Cable Support - TOUGHCables have been developed to have increased power handling performance for extended cable run lengths.
Bulletproof your networks
TOUGHCable is currently available in two versions: PRO Shielding Protection and CARRIER Shielding Protection.
TOUGHCable PRO is a Category 5e, outdoor, carrier-class shielded cable with an integrated ESD drain wire.
TOUGHCable CARRIER is a Category 6, outdoor, carrier-class shielded cable that features an integrated ESD drain wire, anti-crosstalk divider, and secondary shielding. It is rated to provide optimal performance on Gigabit Ethernet networks.
- 24 AWG copper conductor pairs
- 26 AWG integrated ESD drain wire to prevent ESD attacks and damage
- PE outdoor-rated, weatherproof jacket
- Multi-layered shielding
- Available in lengths of 1000 ft (304.8 m)
Specifically designed for use with Ubiquiti TOUGHCables and available in 100 pc. bags, TOUGHCable Connectors protect against ESD attacks and Ethernet hardware damage while allowing rapid field deployment without soldering.
|ESD attacks are the leading cause for device failures. The diagram below illustrates the areas vulnerable to ESD attacks in a network.||By using a grounded Ubiquiti Power over Ethernet (PoE) Adapter along with Ubiquiti TOUGHCable and TOUGHCable Connectors, you can effectively protect against ESD attacks.|
Download the Ubiquiti EdgeMAX EdgeSwitch 12 Fiber Datasheet (PDF).
- Pricing and product availability subject to change without notice.